A Message to Our Customers About COVID-19
To all the people we engage with every day!
From our beginning, BEDGEAR has always been focused on health and wellness. Unfortunately, these attributes are being challenged as we are all experiencing unprecedented times globally.
I personally want to assure our BEDGEAR team members as well as our valued retail sales associates and consumers that BEDGEAR has reacted swiftly and early to establish the best protocols for dealing with COVID-19. We are doing our part to support this global effort of containment. And this is a time for all of us to be understanding of people’s conditions globally.
Sleep is one of the three essentials to life, with food and water being the other two. These are the times to be at your best, so get your best rest and together we will rise to a better day!
On March 5, BEDGEAR distributed a global company initiative regarding coronavirus and flu prevention as well as an infectious disease control policy.
Some of the preventative and response measures for coronavirus and flu prevention include:
- Enlisted temporary processes and procedures to minimize outside traffic to any BEDGEAR facility
- Enacted temporary travel restrictions on non-essential domestic and international travel
- Increased supply and accessibility to infection control supplies, i.e., disinfecting sprays, wipes, hand sanitizers, etc
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting measures in all BEDGEAR facilities
The following policies, procedures and best practices, among others, were implemented for social distancing with the following groups:
- Service providers with signed service contracts are approved to enter BEDGEAR buildings but only with an appointment.
- Non-vendor meetings must be approved by BEDGEAR’s Human Capital & Culture and Chief of Operations.
- Truck drivers arriving to drop off or pick up orders are not allowed in the buildings beyond dock openings.
Regarding the infectious disease control policy, BEDGEAR provided education materials to all employees about “Preventing the Spread of Infection in the Workplace,” including detailing best practices on a clean workplace and taking steps to reducing the transmission of infectious disease, such as “When should you wash your hands?”
During the workday, all BEDGEAR employees adopt these social distancing guidelines recommended by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and World Health Organization:
- Limit meeting people face-to-face.
- If a face-to-face meeting is unavoidable, minimize the meeting time.
- Avoid person-to-person contact such as shaking hands.
- Limit congregation in work rooms and copier rooms.
While we wish to never deal with a global pandemic again, the reality is that we never know what will face us. BEDGEAR believes we are all responsible to help keep one another safe.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the status of deliveries or shipping timelines, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team at CustomerSupport@bedgear.com.
CEO and founder of BEDGEAR